- Click to Call +61 7 5423 1159
- Monday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ratings: Chief Instructor
Phone: 07 5423 1159
ABOUT DAVE MCEVOY
Dave “Macca” McEvoy has been skydiving since 1967. He is well known throughout the skydiving world for the amazing skydiving center he’s built. Dave has been awarded the Master of Sport Parachuting Award, the Australian Parachute Federations highest award. He is one of only 5 parachutists to receive this honour. Some of his other accomplishments include:
- Over 50 years skydiving and still very active
- Over 10,000 jumps
- Silver Medal at 1988 World Championships, 8-way Canopy Formation
- Bronze Medal 1986, World Championships 8-way Canopy Formation
- World Record holder, 21-way Canopy Formation Stack, 1984
- Australian Gold Medallist in 10-way Speed Stars
- Australia’s largest freefall formation record – 81-way participant
- Largest Skydivers Over Sixty Freefall Formation 17 way, set on August 2nd 2013.
- APF Master of Sport Parachuting Award
Skydive Mag Article: “Catching up with Dave McEvoy” (28th February 2018) – lots more info about Macca and some pretty historic photos!
Thanks for running the Learning Curve Camp last week! It was run to your usual high standard and was a very beneficial experience, especially given my lack of currency after the main COVID closures. I thoroughly enjoy attending these weeks and really appreciate the time dedicated by the whole team at Ramblers, including the instructors, manifest, cafe team, aviation crew/pilots, and support staff. You are all legends and I look forward to coming out again in the near future.