- Click to Call +61 7 5423 1159
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
“Skydive Ramblers” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is secure and free from unauthorised access or disclosure to unauthorised parties in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Skydive Ramblers” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23 March 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the followin information:
- Name, age, height, weight, sex and job title.
- Contact information including your phone number, address and email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Details of your skydiving history.
- Your medical history.
- Details of your family and next of kin.
- Various photographic images.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Conducting skydiving operations.
- Entering your personal details into our data base.
- Internal record keeping.
- Improving our products and services.
- The periodic sending of promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Using your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, telephone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If the personal information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the skydiving services you are seeking or provide you or your nominated family members or next of kin with information or assistance in the case of an emergency arising through a skydiving related incident or other circumstances that may arise.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or directly from you.
When you access our web site a cookie will be placed on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form directly with us, inform our staff that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under Australian Law. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Skydive Ramblers, PO Box 136, Toogoolawah QLD 4313 or email us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
(Version 1 – 2018)